The museum will be open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Visits MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE BY TELEPHONE. Entry is limited to groups of up to 10 people.
Call +39 0587-27171 to book. Lines are open Tuesday to Friday.
When booking, you must provide the names of everyone visiting the museum, as well as a telephone number and contact email address.
Your visit will be only be deemed to be confirmed when you receive an official email containing all the necessary information.
Your booking confirmation will not be valid in case Tuscany should not be in the “yellow zone” at the time of your visit.
To avoid large gatherings of people, school groups are not currently permitted.
Visiting hours are as follows
First group: from 9.30 to 10.30, with the option to stay and make purchases in the museum bookshop until 11.00
Second group: from 11.30 to 12.30, with the option to stay and make purchases in the museum bookshop until 13.00
First group: from 14.00 to 15.00, with the option to stay and make purchases in the museum bookshop until 15.30
Second group: from 16.00 to 17.00, with the option to stay and make purchases in the museum bookshop until 17.30
Your visit will only be confirmed once a minimum of 5 people have booked. The cost per person is 5 euros.
If you request a private visit, meaning you will not share your guide with strangers, then the total cost for a group of up to 10 people will be 50 euros.
For organisational reasons, guided visits in English will only be possible by booking a private visit, even if there are fewer than 10 people..
- Arrive at the entrance to the museum at the booked time. Late arrivals will not be tolerated.
- You must show your booking confirmation, otherwise entry will be refused.
- Please wear a face mask at all times, both in the museum and in the adjacent piazza. Children under 6 are exempt from wearing a mask if accompanied by parents or other close relatives.
- Enter the museum in an orderly manner, maintaining a distance of 1.8 metres (6 ft) between people. Social distancing rules do not apply to family groups.
- Your temperature will be taken. Anyone with a temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be permitted entry.
- Before entering, please sanitise your hands using the dispensers provided.
- Cloakrooms and lockers will not be available to use.
- During the visit, please stay with your guide and follow all their instructions.
- Please maintain social distancing throughout the visit, as specified in point 4.
- Do not touch the vehicles, the seats and any other surface in the museum.
- Use only the bathrooms indicated by your guide.
- You can only enter the bookshop only at the end of your visit, in groups of two, having again sanitised your hands. Please only stay in the bookshop for a short amount of time and do not try on articles of clothing. People waiting outside the bookshop will be managed and supervised by museum staff.